Kalymnos is an island with enormous history and inexhaustible fables. Magic picture that you will worship. Seas that remind tables of painting, smiley persons, full liveliness and love. In her newer history she is tied up with the fishery of sponges for this and has remained worldwide known as the island of sponge divers.
The visitors worship the island with the steep rocks, the beaches with crystal waters and the live sea bottom. The smells of Kalymnos rouse the senses and the graphic hamlets become friendly destinations.
Why to visit the island of Kalymnos:
- Mainly in order to see one of the most magic landscapes of Greece.
- In order to live for a little while in her very beautiful lodges.
- In order to learn the history of sponge divers and see closely the collection of this splendid sponges.
- In order to swim in splendid beaches
- Because you will find beautiful monasteries to visit and paths that they lead in ways for mountain bicycle
- You will discover the sea bottom and the splendid heritage and you will take fantastic submarine photographs.
- Those who love heights they will make ascension above the Massouri and Emporio. Kalymnos has been nominated as the new paradise of ascension.
Is famous for her pure thym honey from the antiquity. Also you will love Kalymnian mizithra and kopanisti that accompanies all plates.
What you will see
- The archaeological museum that entertains the known “Cupreous Girl” that found from local fishermen in the bottom of sea.
- The church of Saint Sava that is acquaintance for her panoramic view.
- Temple of “Savior Christ” which the chancel screen had the signature of “Ioannis Chalepas”.
- The castle of Chrysocherias acquaintance and as Pera Castle which built from the knights of Battalion of Saint Ioannis of Rhodes.